Have you ever wondered what you are supposed to do if your license plate tab falls off or is stolen? I'll give you a hint, you shouldn't just ignore it. You can get a ticket for having expired tags, so if it comes off, you need to get a new one ASAP.

So how do you get a new one? That's pretty easy and it will only cost you $5.  Just head down to the Secretary of State office with your vehicle registration and your license plate number to get a new one. In fact, you can get an entirely new license plate with tab and registration for only $5 if it gets damaged, stolen, or lost.

You may obtain a replacement license plate at a Secretary of State office. Bring the vehicle registration or the license plate number and your identification. A replacement plate and tab will be issued for $5, along with a new registration. Additional fees are due if you personalize your replacement plate or if you purchase a different type of plate. - Michigan.gov

Michigan.gov has quite the little wealth of knowledge on their website pertaining to your license plate, tabs, and registration.

More From 98.7 The Grand