It's the hottest toy on the market right now but now parents are stepping forward warning other parents to be careful because it could lead to a choking hazard.

WXYZ Detroit

The mom told WXYZ in a phone interview that she has since thrown out all of the spinners that she had in her home and advised all mothers to be aware.

This comes one day after a 10-year-old girl in Texas HAD to undergo surgery after choking on a part. Her mom shared the terrifying situation on her Facebook page and sent out a "caution" to other parents.

Kids of all ages may be getting them, but not all spinners come with age-appropriate warnings. The bushings pop out easily, so if you have young kids (under 8 yr old) keep in mind that these present a potential choking hazard."

This isn't the first time the fidget spinner is getting a bad rep. After its popularity spiked, some schools started banning the toys. If you'd even consider the fidget spinner a toy.

More From 98.7 The Grand